Sunday, May 20, 2012

If Time Is an Engine

An antique glass crystal rectangle wrapped at the edges in brass filigree hangs from the dog clip and spring ring of an antique gold filled watch chain, with brass rolo chain at the neck, closing with an antique spring ring clasp. Trailing down the back of the neck is a strand of vintage etched and faceted brass links, punctuated at the end with a crystal bead from a vintage rosary flanked by two tiny antique cut steel beads from France.

COMPONENTS
--antique glass crystal rectangle wrapped in brass filigree
--antique 12k gold filled watch chain with fancy links
--brass rolo chain
--antique brass spring ring clasp
--vintage faceted, etched brass chain
--crystal bead from a vintage rosary
--two tiny antique cut-steel beads from France

*****

From "The Mystery of Meteors" --Eleanor Lerman

If Time Is an Engine

There are sunflowers on the path where I go
and lacewings rising from the fields
With each step I take, I know more surely
that this is the way

If time is an engine, then it was created in a dream
If love is an engine, then the dreamer weeps
If memory is an engine, then it will carry the dreamer away

But there are sunflowers on the path where I go
and the dog is at my heel. There is a gate
and a meadow beyond. There is a stream

The sky is blue by day, blue in the evening
but I know the way of the hidden stars
and I'm still alive, I still know secrets
There is nothing I have left undone

So my keys are on the table. You can sell my
clothes. Rust, rust is affecting the machinery
But I am not needed. The machines can be repaired

For if time is a cathedral, then I have lived in the cathedral
If love is a cathedral, then I have lived in splendor
If memory is a cathedral, then I remember everything

but now pass by. And there are sunflowers
on the path where I go. The dog is at my heel
There is a gate and a meadow beyond
There is a stream

No comments:

Post a Comment