Gunmetal coin lockets, or sovereign holders, like these were popular in the early 20th century and may have been used as watch fobs or hung from chatelaines.
- antique (early 1900s) gunmetal sovereign/coin-holder locket
- 1907 Indian-head penny
- antique (early 1900s) steel and brass watch key
- antique (late 1800s) cut-steel button
- new and vintage chains: antiqued copper circle-links chain (lead safe and nickel safe); 100-percent oxidized brass rollo chain made in U.S., small vintage brass chain
- brass connecting rings, which I used to embellish the circle-links chain
Coin of the realm: The currency that, for any culture, holds value.
Sam Spade: Ten thousand? We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk. —The Maltese Falcon
YOU CAN BUY MY STUFF ON ETSY